University of Hawai'i - West O'ahu


You’re accepted!

Accepted Students

Welcome to the UH West Oʻahu ʻohana! We know you’re excited to begin your one-of-a-kind college experience as a Pueo and we are here to help you get started. If you’re not yet familiar with what we have to offer, get to know our campus, academic programs, and student experience opportunities. Otherwise, follow the steps outlined below and let us know if you have any questions.

1. Create Your MyUH Account

Your personal online UH student account, MyUH, gives you access to a variety of online services. All students enrolled at a UH campus will need a MyUH account to: Register for classes; Pay tuition; Track financial aid status; Access University email; View grades; Be notified of important campus alerts.

Create Your MyUH Account

2. Submit Your Intent to Enroll

Submitting your online Intent to Enroll form confirms that you plan to attend the university. It also allows you to register for classes early as well as access advising, which is essential in helping you to become a more successful student.

Note: Submit your online Intent to Enroll form only if you have received an acceptance letter from the Office of Admissions.

Fall 2022 – Online Intent to Enroll

Students admitted through the Auto Admit process do not have to submit an Intent to Enroll form. Once admitted, the student’s home campus will automatically be updated to UH West Oʻahu.

Distance Education Students Only

In submitting the Intent to Enroll form, all Distance Education students understand that UH West O’ahu does not offer fully online-only degree programs. Lower-division coursework needs to be completed via in-person and online classes at UH West O’ahu, UH Community Colleges, or accepted as transfer credits from an accredited institution outside of the UH system.

Program courses are offered on a rotating basis. If students choose not to register for a certain course at the time it is offered, it may affect their eligibility to register for courses offered in subsequent semesters. Ultimately, this may delay the completion of their program requirements and graduation. Prerequisite courses are not offered every semester, so students are strongly encouraged to contact their faculty advisor or success advisor regularly.

3. Apply for Financial Aid & Scholarships

Students can receive financial assistance in the form of grants, scholarships, loans or student employment. Most forms of student aid require the submission of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA not only determines your eligibility for federal aid, but may also qualify you for State and institutional aid. Certain funds are limited, so applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early. Funds are usually disbursed to your student account no sooner than 10 days prior to the first day of school. View the Financial Aid brochure.

Apply for Financial Aid & Scholarships

4. Math and English Course Placement

UH West Oʻahu has implemented a new provisional auto-placement policy for ENG 100T, Math 100 and Math 103M/L. No placement test is needed to enroll in these courses. Placement tests may be taken to test out of these auto-placed classes and into higher level English and Math courses.


5. Turn in Health Clearances

The Department of Health requires that all students provide health clearances (Certificate of TB (Tuberculosis) examination, MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella), Tdap (Tetanus-diphteria-acellular-pertussis), and Varicella (chickenpox)) (Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules, DOH Title 11, Chapter 157).

Health Requirements

6. Student Orientation, Advising & Registration (SOAR)

A number of activities and programs are available for you to participate in as you prepare for your first semester at UH West O‘ahu.  Please select the appropriate link for your admission type below:

First-Year Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR)
Transfer Student Orientation, Advising & Registration (SOAR)

7. Complete a Request for an ID Card

Students enrolled at the University are eligible to receive one free UH West O‘ahu student ID card which allows the cardholder access to certain University privileges and benefits. Students must have paid their current semester tuition and fees in full or have signed up for the UH Payment Plan before a student ID card can be issued and/or activated, as well as have no financial obligations at any UH campus. Student ID cards must be activated each semester of enrollment to continue privileges and benefits.

Steps to Complete Request for an ID Card

8. Submit Final Official Transcripts

Prior to the first day of classes, final official transcripts from all non-University of Hawai‘i regionally-accredited secondary and post-secondary institutions previously attended, must be received by UH West O‘ahu. Transcripts must show final grades for any in-progress courses. Transcripts are considered official when sent directly to UH West O‘ahu by the previous institution.

Incoming first year students should arrange for their official high school transcript showing high school diploma conferred to be sent directly from their high school to UH West O‘ahu:

University of Hawai‘i – West O‘ahu
Office of Admissions – C141
91-1001 Farrington Hwy
Kapolei, HI 96707

9. Apply for VA Education Benefits (if applicable)

UH West Oʻahu is dedicated to supporting our military, veteran students, and their family members. We recognize the unique experiences that come with serving in the armed forces and are grateful for the service and sacrifice provided in the defense of our great nation.

If you have never received VA education benefits and have not yet applied for education benefits with the Department of Veterans Affairs, visit to apply.  It takes the VA approximately 30 days to make a decision and process your education claim. If the VA approves your application, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE), or award letter, in the mail. You must provide a copy of your COE to the Office of the Registrar.

If you have not yet received a COE from the VA, but would like to start your benefits, you may provide a statement of benefits from eBenefits.

Back To Top
virtual front desk chat icon

Connect with us!

close chat icon


Virtual Front Desk

Virtual front desk icon

Ready, willing, and able to assist with your questions!

Launch now

Virtual Front Desk hours: 10am-2pm on weekdays

Animated female character sitting behind a laptop with headphones on.

If you prefer, fill out this form and someone will respond to you via email.

Leave Us a Message

Mahalo for reaching out to us! Please complete the form below and we will be sure to get back to you within 2 business days. Mahalo!


Thank you for your submission

We will review your question and get back to you within 1-2 business days. Mahalo!

Leave Us a Message

The Virtual Front Desk is open between 10 am - 2 pm on weekdays. Sorry we missed you! Ask Us a question or leave a message, and we will get back to you soon. Mahalo!