Interested in transferring to the University of Hawaiʻi–West Oʻahu? We welcome you to discover our campus. Transfer students are those presently or previously enrolled at a college or university other than UH West Oʻahu. Check the UH Transfer database to see how your credits transfer.
How to Apply
- At least 24 transferable college-level semester credits from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum 2.0 GPA (based on a 4.0 scale); or
- Associate in Arts degree or Associates in Science degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum 2.0 GPA (based on a 4.0 scale). Students with an Associate in Arts degree in the liberal arts will be accepted as having completed general education requirements.
Create an online account and start the application process in the UH System.
$50.00 (USD) application fee
- The application fee is nonrefundable and non-transferable and valid only for the semester that you are applying. Upon submission of your online application, you will be prompted to pay the application fee by credit card.
- You may qualify for an application fee waiver under certain conditions. Submit the application fee waiver form to the UH West O‘ahu Office of Admissions. Approval of this form will be accepted in lieu of the admission application fee.
Official transcripts must be received by UH West O‘ahu from all non-University of Hawai‘i regionally-accredited, post-secondary educational institutions previously attended. Transcripts are considered official when sent directly to UH West O‘ahu by the previous institution.
Official transcripts can be submitted as:
- Paper transcripts mailed directly to UH West Oʻahu by your previous institution in a sealed envelope
- Electronic transcripts sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org via a third-party vendor that provides transcript fulfillment services (such as eScrip, Parchment, Docufide and National Student Clearinghouse)
- Military transcripts via Joint Services Transcripts (JST) or Community College of the Air Force (CCAF):
UH West O‘ahu reserves the right to grant provisional acceptance or deny admission to UH West O‘ahu based on previous student discipline issues (at another college or university) when known. Review and a final determination regarding admission to UH West O’ahu will be made by the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs (or his or her designee)
Application materials, including official paper transcripts, may be mailed to:
University of Hawai‘i–West O‘ahu
91-1001 Farrington Highway
Kapolei, HI 96707
Application Processing Time
Please allow two to four weeks for the processing of your completed application. You will then receive a decision letter by mail. If there are any incomplete items in your application, your admission decision may be delayed.
Automatic admission (Auto admit) allows University of Hawaiʻi Community College students who are completing their Associate in Arts or select Associate in Science degrees to transfer to a four-year campus in the University of Hawaiʻi System without having to reapply. Since the process is done electronically, the application fee is waived. STAR notifies students who are eligible via email and students electronically select the campus of their choice and their intended major. This simplifies the transfer process for students wishing to continue on their path towards a four-year degree.
Automatic Admissions Process
- Eligible students will receive an email offering them acceptance to any of our University of Hawai‘i baccalaureate campuses.
- The deadline to accept the offer is March 1 (for the Fall enrollment) or Oct 1 (for Spring enrollment).
- Auto Admit students accept the offer via their STAR account by selecting UH West Oʻahu as their campus.
- Students admitted through the Auto Admit process do not have to submit an Intent to Enroll form. Once admitted, the student’s home campus will automatically be updated to UH West Oʻahu.
- After an Auto Admit student selects UH West Oahu as their campus in STAR, UH West O’ahu will mail them a hard copy formal acceptance letter for their records.
The priority deadline for an upcoming Spring semester is October 1. More information can be found on the Application Deadlines page.
|Upcoming Semester||Priority Deadline|
Course Transfer Database
The Course Transfer Database allows you to search course equivalencies or evaluations for UH campuses as well as those for other colleges and universities. Course transferability and equivalents are subject to change. The transferability of a course is not guaranteed until an official transfer credit evaluation has been completed. Additional schools and courses will be added to the Course Transfer Database as they become available.
Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations
Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations will be considered for transfer credit and/or meeting course prerequisites for registration purposes. The UH West O‘ahu School Code is 1042.
College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) will be considered for transfer credit and/or meeting course prerequisites for registration purposes. The UH West O‘ahu School Code is 4959.
The International Baccalaureate (IB) program is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland and has been in existence for more than fifty years. IB maintains a presence in 150 countries, including the United States. Its diploma (high school) is extremely rigorous and targets the most advanced and ambitious students in the American school system.
As part of a one-year pilot program, the International Baccalaureate (IB) Credit by Exam will be considered for transfer credit and/or meeting course pre-requisite for registration purposes during the 2019-20 academic year.
Project Lead the Way (PLTW) Credit by Exam
Project Lead the Way (PLTW) is an American-based non-profit organization focusing on applied learning experiences in STEM disciplines at the K-12 levels. PLTW serves millions of students across all fifty states through its 11,500 partner schools.
Project Lead the Way (PLTW) Credit by Exam will be considered for transfer credit and/or meeting course pre-requisites for registration purposes.
UH West O‘ahu participates in the Interstate Passport, a program sponsored by the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education. The Interstate Passport is a program that facilitates the transfer of student learning between participating institutions. As a participating member, UH West O‘ahu will recognize the passport credential awarded to students from one of these institutions. Please visit the WICHE website for more information.
U.S. Military Service
Coursework taken through military schools will be considered for transfer credit and/or meeting course prerequisites for registration purposes.
What will not be considered?
- Courses completed from unaccredited institutions are not transferable.
- Remedial or developmental courses (i.e., in the UH system, courses numbered below 100) will not be considered.
- Repeated courses that cover the same material/content of a previously completed course will not be awarded additional credit for degree certification purposes; credit will be awarded only once.
- Credits earned by the equivalency methods (e.g., AP Exams, CLEP, military training, and credit for prior learning) may not be used to satisfy the college residency requirements for graduation.
Transfer Student Events
Events such as Transfer Student workshops are student-focused events that provide admissions, financial aid and advising presentations, group Q&A sessions and individual consultations.