Interested in transferring to the University of Hawaiʻi–West Oʻahu? We welcome you to discover our campus. Transfer students are those presently or previously enrolled at a college or university other than UH West Oʻahu. Check the UH Transfer database to see how your credits transfer.
How to Apply
- At least 24 transferable college-level semester credits from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum 2.0 GPA (based on a 4.0 scale); or
- Associate in Arts degree or Associates in Science degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum 2.0 GPA (based on a 4.0 scale). Students with an Associate in Arts degree in the liberal arts will be accepted as having completed general education requirements.
Create an online account and start the application process to UH West Oʻahu.
$50.00 (USD) application fee
- The application fee is nonrefundable and non-transferable and valid only for the semester that you are applying. Upon submission of your online application, you will be prompted to pay the application fee by credit card.
- If you would like to request an application fee waiver, please complete the Fee Waiver section in your online application.
Official transcripts must be received by UH West O‘ahu from all non-University of Hawai‘i regionally-accredited, post-secondary educational institutions previously attended. Transcripts are considered official when sent directly to UH West O‘ahu by the previous institution.
Official transcripts can be submitted as:
- Paper transcripts mailed directly to UH West Oʻahu by your previous institution in a sealed envelope
- Electronic transcripts sent directly to email@example.com via a third-party vendor that provides transcript fulfillment services (such as eScrip, Parchment, Docufide and National Student Clearinghouse)
- Military transcripts via Joint Services Transcripts (JST) or Community College of the Air Force (CCAF):
UH West O‘ahu reserves the right to grant provisional acceptance or deny admission to UH West O‘ahu based on previous student discipline issues (at another college or university) when known. Review and a final determination regarding admission to UH West O’ahu will be made by the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs (or his or her designee)
Application materials, including official paper transcripts, may be mailed to:
University of Hawai‘i–West O‘ahu
91-1001 Farrington Highway
Kapolei, HI 96707
Application Processing Time
Please allow two to four weeks for the processing of your completed application. You will then receive a decision letter by mail. If there are any incomplete items in your application, your admission decision may be delayed.
Automatic admission (Auto admit) allows University of Hawaiʻi Community College students who are completing their Associate in Arts or select Associate in Science degrees to transfer to a four-year campus in the University of Hawaiʻi System without having to reapply. Since the process is done electronically, the application fee is waived. STAR notifies students who are eligible via email and students electronically select the campus of their choice and their intended major. This simplifies the transfer process for students wishing to continue on their path towards a four-year degree.
Automatic Admissions Process
- Eligible students will receive an email offering them acceptance to any of our University of Hawai‘i baccalaureate campuses.
- The deadline to accept the offer is March 1 (for the Fall enrollment) or Oct 1 (for Spring enrollment).
- Auto Admit students accept the offer via their STAR account by selecting UH West Oʻahu as their campus.
- Students admitted through the Auto Admit process do not have to submit an Intent to Enroll form. Once admitted, the student’s home campus will automatically be updated to UH West Oʻahu.
- After an Auto Admit student selects UH West Oahu as their campus in STAR, UH West O’ahu will mail them a hard copy formal acceptance letter for their records.
The application deadlines are listed below. More information can be found on the Application Deadlines page.
|Spring 2024||December 1|
|Summer 2024||May 1|
|Fall 2024||March 1|
Transfer Student Events
Events such as Transfer Student workshops are student-focused events that provide admissions, financial aid and advising presentations, group Q&A sessions and individual consultations.