University of Hawai'i - West O'ahu

Admissions FAQs

How do I request a campus tour?

Visit the campus tour page to request an individual / group tour.

When should I apply for admission?

It’s best to submit your application for admission before our priority deadline. All applications submitted after our final deadline will be charged a Late Registration Fee.

What are the steps in the admission process?

Review the admissions criteria for freshman or transfer students. Apply online with the University of Hawai‘i System Online Application Form. Submit your official transcripts and test scores (if needed).

Where do I send my transcripts and test scores?

All transcripts and test scores can be sent to: University of Hawai‘i–West O‘ahu, 91-1001 Farrington Highway, C141 Kapolei, HI 96707-4507

What is the estimated cost of attendance including books, supplies, housing, meals and other expenses?

Refer to the Cost of Attendance page for estimated cost information.

How long does it take to be admitted and how will I be notified?

Allow two to four weeks for the processing of your completed application. You will then receive a decision letter by email. If there are any incomplete items in your application, your admissions decision may be delayed.

Do I meet the requirements for admission?

Check our admission requirements to find the requirements for admission for your program.

How can I get admission counseling prior to becoming a student?

Call the Office of Admissions at (808) 689-2900 to make an appointment to meet with an admissions counselor or advisor.

Will my previous college credits transfer?

See Transfer Credit Database for information about transferring credits.

Do you accept international students; what is the definition of an international student?

See International Student Admission for information about international students.

What is provisional admission?

Provisional admission means your admission is based on your successful completion of coursework you currently have planned or have in progress. UH West O‘ahu reserves the right to cancel your admission for any of the following reasons: your planned or in-progress courses are not completed, you do not maintain your GPA, or if you do not submit documents by the required deadline.

I've been accepted for the fall semester, can I change my admission to another semester?

UH West O‘ahu’s application for admission applies only to the semester of entry indicated on the application form at the time of submission. Contact the Admissions Office at to discuss your options.

Do you accept undeclared students?

Yes, UH West O‘ahu accepts undeclared students. You are encouraged to declare a major no later than your junior year for the timely completion of your degree.

Why have I been determined to be a non-resident?

Residency is determined on an individual basis and the documents you submit. For further questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at (808) 689-2900.

What is Pacific Island Jurisdiction (PIJ)?

Pacific Island Jurisdiction (PIJ) includes American Samoa, Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Futuna, Kiribati, Nauru, Niue, Rapa Nui (Easter Island), Republic of Palau, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Wallis.

What is Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)?

Through the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE), students in western states may enroll at UH West O'ahu at a reduced tuition of 150 percent of the institution’s regular resident tuition. WUE tuition is considerably less than non-resident tuition. Reduced WUE tuition is currently available for freshman and transfer students. UH West O'ahu reserves the right to limit WUE awards each academic ...

Read more

What is the FAFSA?

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available online at Don't forget to submit your FAFSA for next school year! Make sure to indicate UH West Oʻahu’s FAFSA school code is 014315. The priority deadline to submit the FAFSA for fall is March 1. The priority deadline to submit the FAFSA for spring is October 1. Most schools, including UH West Oʻahu, have an ...

Read more

What do I need to submit and how do I know if I’ve completed everything?

There are seven steps to be completed before your first day of school, which will help you to be prepared and get connected with offices throughout campus. Checklist Who do I contact if I have questions? 1. Create your My UH Account Admissions Email: 2. Submit your Intent to Enroll form Admissions Email: 3. Apply for Financial Aid Financial Aid ...

Read more

When do I have to commit to the University of Hawai’i–West O’ahu?

When you are ready to enroll at UH West Oʻahu, submit your Intent to Enroll using our online form. At this time, our university is flexible with the enrollment deadline because we understand that students may need more time to decide on their college choice. If there is any information the Office of Admissions can provide to help you with this decision, please contact us at ...

Read more

Will my Early College credits count toward my degree at UH West O‘ahu?

If you earned passing grades in college courses within the University of Hawai‘i System, it is highly likely that these courses will be transferable to UH West Oʻahu. For an estimate of transferable credits from any college, please contact the Office of Admissions by email at and provide an unofficial transcript for review.

Can I still apply for Financial Aid?

Yes! It is not too late to submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Our school code is 014315. If you have already received your letter of acceptance and filled out the FAFSA, you will receive a Financial Aid Award Letter outlining your cost at UH West Oʻahu. If you have any questions, contact our Financial Aid Office for assistance at

How do I pay my tuition?

There are different ways to pay your tuition, which include payments made online, submitted through mail, in-person at our Cashier’s Office in C-141, or enrolling in a payment plan. You can view all of your payment options here. Questions? Contact our Cashier’s Office at

When is orientation?

UH West Oʻahu offers an 3-part orientation called Student Orientation, Advising & Registration (SOAR).  Questions? Contact our Academic Advising office at ʻIke - Online orientation to gain knowledge about UH West Oʻahu Poʻokela - Small group sessions with other new students Lā Pūnua - Due to the novel coronavirus, the details of this event are still in progress. ...

Read more

How do I receive help with registering for my classes?

Academic Advisors will assist students in their college endeavors by providing students with assistance and coaching on academic planning, program and graduation requirements, registration policies and more. Advisors are assigned to students based on your degree and can be reached by email at to schedule an appointment. All registration activities are done through the STAR ...

Read more

When do classes begin?

The first day of classes for Spring 2022 is Monday, January 10, 2022.

How is UH West O‘ahu supporting current students through COVID-19?

The University of Hawaiʻi–West Oʻahu is committed to providing a quality academic experience to its students during this unexpected and challenging time. Current UH West Oʻahu students that need access to wifi or a computer can sign up for a classroom space that follows social distancing procedures. To view campus updates and see what services are available during COVID-19 please visit ...

Read more

What student services and offices are available during the COVID-19 outbreak?

Because of the current situation brought on by COVID-19, some offices have modified hours for in-person services or are open by appointment only. To see a list of contact emails and updated hours, please visit our Student Support Services information page. You may also visit our Virtual Front Desk (a red button is located on the bottom right of every webpage) on weekdays from 10am-2pm.

How do I send my transcripts, health forms, or other documents to UH West O’ahu?

Documents can be submitted by mail or electronically. For documents such as transcripts, health clearance forms, or other person documents, we request that the Secure File Transfer is used. Official transcripts will be required by the first day of class, August 23. UHWO Secure File Transfer This is UH West Oʻahu’s Secure File Transfer service. Below are instructions for submitting unofficial ...

Read more
Back To Top
virtual front desk chat icon

Connect with us!

close chat icon


Leave Us a Message

The Virtual Front Desk is open between 10 am - 2 pm on weekdays. Sorry we missed you! Please complete the form below and we will be sure to get back to you within 2 business days. Mahalo!


Thank you for your submission

We will review your question and get back to you within 1-2 business days. Mahalo!

Leave Us a Message

The Virtual Front Desk is open between 10 am - 2 pm on weekdays. Sorry we missed you! Ask Us a question or leave a message, and we will get back to you soon. Mahalo!