Long-Term Care Certificate
Students with a certificate in Long-Term Care will:
- Demonstrate effective communication and critical thinking skills in the long-term care environment.
- Demonstrate quantitative, technological, and analytical skills necessary in long-term care facilities and community-based organizations, considering different cultures and sub-cultures.
- Identify international/global/local issues (i.e. diversity and organizational behavior) affecting various long-term care environments.
- Demonstrate proficiency in understanding the central concepts of long-term care systems, including management, quality care and risk management, financing and reimbursements, and policies and regulations.
- Analyze and design solutions to long-term care problems, policies, and ethical/legal dilemmas.