Commencement at the University of Hawaiʻi–West Oʻahu is the culmination of years of hard work by our students. We celebrate you, our candidates for graduation, and we honor your perseverance and commitment to achieving your goals.
Virtual Commencement Celebration – May 8, 2021 at 9:00 a.m.
Drive-Thru Celebration – May 8, 2021 (2:00-5:00 p.m.)
Saturday, May 8, 2021 at 9:00 a.m.
The Spring 2021 Commencement Ceremony will be a 100% online event. The pre-recorded video presentation will debut at approximately at 9:00 a.m. on this webpage.
We are NOT accepting any more RSVPs; program production in progress.
Saturday, May 8, 2021 between 2:00-5:00 p.m.
Spring 2021 graduates are invited to participate in a Drive Thru Celebration on campus and in person to receive a diploma cover, take an official photo*, have their name read and receive Makana gift items. Although we cannot offer our traditional commencement celebration, we hope this event will help graduates and their families celebrate and commemorate this accomplishment in a safe and responsible environment.
Steps to Participate:
Graduates MUST complete the Spring 2021 Drive-Thru Celebration Online Form (RSVP) by Friday, April 16, 5:00 pm
- ONLY Graduates who have submitted their Graduation Applications will be able to access the Spring 2021 Drive-Thru Celebration Online Form.
- Review Form acknowledging guidelines, completing/selecting:
- Contact Number
- Drive Thru Time
- Number of Passengers in Vehicle (Including Graduate and Driver, max 7)
- Submit and follow the Next Steps noted in your email confirmation and Confirmation Form PDF
Guidelines Event Day:
- PRINT a hard copy of your Confirmation Form PDF.
- BRING the following items to the event and show it upon entry.
- Confirmation Form PDF
- Picture ID
- Arrive NO MORE THAN 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
- ONE (1) vehicle per Graduate.
- Graduate and guests MUST WEAR A MASK at all times.
- The Graduate must be seated in the front passenger seat.
- Graduates are invited to wear their cap and gown (Commencement Regalia are available for purchase through the UH West O’ahu Bookstore).
- For everyone’s safety, vehicle decorations should not obscure the driver’s vision.
- ONLY the Graduate may EXIT the vehicle to (1) accept a diploma cover and (2) receive their Makana items.
*Graduates will have photos taken by the commencement photographer (Picture Man of Hawai‘i), which will be available for viewing and purchase via an online link emailed shortly after the event.
Contact us at