Senior Citizen Visitor Program
To promote diversity on campus and in the academic classroom, UH West O‘ahu extends special academic privileges to senior citizens by allowing them to participate in regular credit classes, free of charge, on a space available basis.
To attend a class, written approval from the instructor must be granted. Senior Citizen Visitors are not charged tuition, however some fees may apply and may only attend one class per semester on a space available basis. No academic credit or grade is awarded through this program; no permanent records are maintained by the University. Once the Senior Citizen Visitor application is submitted, the senior visitor cannot request credit for the visited class(es). Senior citizen visitor status does not provide a UH student account, access to MyUH, or Laulima. Senior citizen visitors who wish to enroll in classes to receive credit are required to apply for regular admission to the University and pay all applicable tuition and fees.
Eligibility requirements for a Senior Citizen Visitor:
- Review, complete and submit the Senior Citizen Visitor Program Form and Application (PDF) to the Office of the Registrar by the deadline stated.
- At least 60 years of age; on or before the month of registration for the semester in which the class will be taken (January for the spring semester and August for the fall semester).
- Bona fide resident of the State of Hawai’i for tuition purposes
- No financial obligations for the University of Hawai’i (UH) system
- Meet State of Hawai’i Department of Health (DOH) health clearance requirements
For questions or more information, please call the Enrollment Services at: 689-2900