Red Team at UH West Oahu
Red Team at UH West Oahu is a student club that supports cybersecurity education as part of the University of Hawaii at West Oahu designation as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education (CAE-CDE) by the National Security Agency (NSA) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Students research and explore modern cyber issues, prepare and participate in cyber competitions, and prepare to serve as Cyber Red Teams in support of cyber training exercises and events.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To sign up for the club, please email email@example.com and include your name, UH email address, and a list of the UHWO courses in which you are currently enrolled.
National Cyber League Spring 2021 Season
Register by Mar. 5 6:59 HST
Mar. 26 – Mar. 28 : Individual Game
Apr. 9 – Apr. 11 : Team Game
National Cyber League and t he National Cyber League logo are trademarks of t he National Cyber League.Open to U.S. high school & college students, the competition consists of a series of challenges that allow students to demonstrate their ability to identify hackers from forensic data, pentest and audit vulnerable websites, recover from ransomware attacks, and more. NCL covers a wide variety of cyber skills with varying difficulty levels. Challenges start easy and get progressively harder. NCL is all about getting further each season.
(Image from NCL website)
Careers in Intelligence Career Fair
(Sponsored by UH, in partnership with CyberHawaii, INDOPACOM, and NSA)
- Friday, October 16, 2020 at 9:00 am to Noon HST
- On-line using the Brazen platform
Open to all UH Students and Alumni from all campuses!
Intelligence as a Career: Is It Right For You and Are You Right For It? Are you interested in a career with the Intelligence Community? Take advantage of this rare opportunity to meet with and hear from recruiters on-line about current and future jobs and careers! If you do it, we need it. Science, technology, engineering, business, history, economics, mathematics, foreign language, architecture, human resources and more. The Intelligence Community is looking for top talent across many skill areas.
The United States Intelligence Community (IC) employs thousands of professionals in a wide variety of occupations and wants to hire creative problem solvers who want to support their nation and enjoy a rewarding career. Government service is rewarding in several ways. Not only does such a career provide the selfless satisfaction of serving one’s country, but there are many intellectually provocative and challenging national security jobs, civilian and military. In addition to government service, or as a second career after government service, individuals with intelligence experience can often find positions with large corporations.
Who will be there & How to Register:
Visit the Careers in Intelligence website: https://sites.google.com/hawaii.edu/uhcareersintel and go to “Students & Alumni”.
Intelligence community comprised of Federal, State, local government agencies and private industry professionals/representatives. Learn more about the intelligence community here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b_NCvcniRc#action=share
Additional workshops & resources to help you prepare for this event will be posted on the event website.
Visit the Careers in Intelligence website frequently for updates on employers and events.
Hawaiian Airlines IT Informational Session 2019
Tuesday, February 12th @ 9:30am OR 3:30pm HST in B155
CrowdStrike Hawaii Internship Presentation 2018
Wednesday, November 7th @ 4:30pm HST in the UHWO Cyber Security Coordination Center (Room E205)
If you are interested about a career in cybersecurity or Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR), please join us for a presentation by CrowdStrike, as they present details on a real-world breach response from their team. The session will give you glimpse of what working in the DFIR industry is like and includes an invitation to apply for a summer 2019 internship or careers.
NSA hosted Resume Writing Workshop for NSA internship applications 2018
Wednesday, October 24th at 3:00pm HST in the Cyber Security Coordination Center (Room E205)
- August 5 (7 pm – 8:30 pm), Cybersecurity and ISA Q&A with professors Burrell, Chapman, and Miranda
- July 6 (2:00 pm) – July 10 (7:00 pm), EMPOWERING WOMEN & ENGAGING MEN SYMPOSIUM. Location: Online.
- November 28 (10 am – 2 pm), Graduate & Professional School Fair, Location: UHWO Plaza & Nāulu Center
- October 12 (2 – 4 pm), Ask An Agent Over Coffee, FBI Career Visit, Location: Honolulu (TBD).
- October 10 (10 am – 2 pm), UHWO Career & Internship Fair, Location: UHWO Campus Center, C208. Registration.
- October 5 (9 am – 1 pm), Cyber Security VIRTUAL Career Fair, Location: Online. Free for students. More information at: https://www.caecommunity.org/news/2018-cae-virtual-career-fair, or email firstname.lastname@example.org,
- September 26 (6-8pm) OWASP Hawaii Chapter First Meeting, Location: BoxJelly in Honolulu
- September 20 (5:30-7 pm), (ISC)2 Hawaii Chapter Meeting, Guest Speaker: Chris Duque, Location: Honolulu Council of the Navy League, 47 Arizona Memorial Place, Aiea, HI 96701. Free.
Detective Christopher Duque is a thirty-year veteran of the Honolulu Police Department (HPD) and last assigned to the Criminal Investigation Division (CID) where he worked in the White-Collar Crime Unit and specialized in cybercrime investigations and computer forensics. More information/RSVP
- National Cyber League (Registration period: 08/27/2018 – 09/28/2018) – “The NCL is a defensive and offensive puzzle-based, capture-the-flag style cybersecurity competition. Its virtual training ground helps high school and college students prepare and test themselves against cybersecurity challenges that they will likely face in the workforce. All participants play the games simultaneously during Preseason, Regular Season and Postseason.” Register for National Cyber League.
- May 17-18, Log Analytics for Cybersecurity Workshop, Location: IT Center – University of Hawaii at Manoa, 2520 Correa Road, Honolulu, HI 96822
- March 9-10, (Fri 4:30 pm – Sat 8:00 pm), AT&T Hackathon – Hawaii, Location: Sacred Hearts Academy 3253 Waialae Ave. Honolulu, HI 96816
- March 7 (9:30 am – 11:30 am), Data Governance and Information Security – UH Campus Briefings, Location: University of Hawai’i at West Oahu, Multi Purpose Room, 1001 Farrington Hwy, Kapolei, HI 96707
- February 21 (10:00 am – 2:00 pm), UHWO Career & Internship Fair, Location: University of Hawai’i at West Oahu, C208, Campus Center, 1001 Farrington Hwy, Kapolei, HI 96707
- January 21-24, PTC’18, Location: Hilton Hawaiian Village, 2005 Kalia Road, Honolulu, HI 96815.
- US Cyber Challenge: Cyber Quests Spring 2018: Cryptography (Registration closes: April 30, 2018, Quiz closes: May 1) – A series of fun but challenging on-line competitions allowing participants to demonstrate their knowledge in a variety of information security realms.
- AT&T Hackathon Hawaii (Competition Date: March 9 – 10, 2018) – The AT&T Hackathon is an “Entertainment and IoT” themed 24-hour coding competition. Prizes are awarded for different categories of application development. It will take place on March 9, 2018 at 4:30 PM at Sacred Hearts Academy, 3253 Waialae Ave, Honolulu, HI 96816. Register for AT&T Hackathon Hawaii.
- December 18 (8:00 am – 12:00 pm), CampFIRE Cyber Security Challenge, Location: University of Hawai‘i at Manoa, Information Technology Center, 2520 Correa Road Honolulu, Hawaii 96822
- October 31- November 2, TechNet Asia-Pacific Conference, Location: Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki, Registration, Rates vary.
- October 14 (10:30 am – 1:30 pm), CyberSim Training, Location: University of Hawaii at Manoa, iLab, 2500 Campus Road, Honolulu, HI 96822.
- October 13 (6:00 pm – 9:30 pm), PyNight Hawaii, Location: University of Hawaii at Manoa, iLab, 2500 Campus Road, Honolulu, HI 96822.
- October 11-12 (8 am – 5 pm), ISSA Discover Security Conference, Location: Dole Cannery, Pomaika’i Ballrooms, Registration, Member/Student rate: $50.
- October 11 (5:30 pm – 8:30 pm), Cyber Networking and Hacker Trivia Night, Location: Oahu Country Club, 150 Country Club Road, Honolulu, HI 96817.
- October 4 (5 – 8 pm), Cyber Hui Hosts LTG Paul Nakasone, Commanding General, US Army Cyber Command. Location: Oahu Veterans Center, Foster Village, Free.
- October 4 (8:15 a.m. – 5:15 p.m.) – October 5 (8:15 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.), Future Focus 2017, Location: Hawai‘i Convention Center. Two day conference, Astronomy, Space Exploration, Cybersecurity & More. Student rate: $50.
- October 3 (5-7 pm), AFCEA/HICTA Social Mixer, Location: Gordon Biersch, Registration, Free.
- September 28 (8:30 am – 4:45 pm), INTERFACE-HAWAII, Location: Sheraton Waikiki Hotel
- August 26 (9:00 am – 3:00 pm), Hawaii Annual Coding Challenge, Location: East-West Center (Hawaii Imin International Conference Center) 1777 East-West Road Honolulu, HI 96848
- August 24 (2:00 pm – 8:00 pm), Student Programs Virtual Fair, Location: Online
- August 12 (8:00 am – 4:00 pm), HAWAI’I ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY SOCIETY : WEB APPLICATION EXPLOITATION, Location: University of Hawaii: West Oahu, Bldg. B Rm. B155, Kapolei, HI 96707
- June 24 (9:00 am – 1:00 pm), 5th Annual Hire Leeward Job & Career Fair, Location: UH West Oahu 1001 Farrington Hwy, Kapolei, HI 96707
- June 24 (8:00 am – 4:00 pm), HAWAI’I ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY SOCIETY: TRAINING CTF, Location: University of Hawaii: West Oahu, Bldg. B, Rm. B155 CENT/ISA Lab.
- June 7 (11: 00 am – 3:00 pm), 2017 Nation Cyber Summit (NCS), Location: Huntsville, Alabama – The NCS features a Career Fair the second day of the summit. Upload your resume for the NCS Career Fair to start your career journey on CyberSecJobs.com.
- April 19 (12:30 – 1:30 pm), FBI Info Session – Location: TBA
- April 12 (10:00 am – 2:00 pm), Spring Opportunities Fair – C208
- March 28 (12-4 pm), NSA Women’s History Month Event. The National Security Agency is hosting an event for college students in celebration of Women’s History Month and in effort to promote women pursuing careers in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) in the Intelligence Community and at NSA.
- IoT Home Inspector Challenge – Registration and Submission Deadline May 22, 2017
- March 10-11 (4:30 pm – 8:00 pm), AT&T Hackathon – Hawaii – Sacred Hearts Academy
- Best App Overall:
- Grand Prize – $2,500 for the team to split
- Best Entertainment/Gaming App Overall:
- 1st Place – $1,000 for the team to split
- 2nd Place -$500 for the team to split
- Best IoT App Overall:
- 1st Place – $1,000 for the team to split
- 2nd Place -$500 for the team to split
- Most Technically Challenging Implementation – $500 for the team to split
- Best UI/UX – $500 for the team to split
- Best Use of AT&T M2X- $500 for the team to split
- Best App Overall:
- Code Tutorials
- Thursday 2/23 6-7:30 pm UH Manoa ICSpace (POST 318B) Jason Sewell on IoT Hardware/Web Integration
- Monday 2/27 4:30-6 pm UH Manoa ICSpace (POST 318B) Derek Gabriel on Windows Ecosystem
- Tuesday2/28 4:30-6 pm UH Manoa ICSpace (POST 318B) Kim Binsted on iOS/Swift Development
- Wednesday 3/1 6-7:30 pm UH Manoa ICSpace (POST 318B) Jason Sewell on Gamification
- Thursday 3/2 6-7:30 pm UH Manoa ICSpace (POST 318B) Monir Hodges on Android Development
- Mar 6 (1:00 – 3:00 pm), Department of State Info Session – E109
- February 28 (7:30 am – 4:15 pm), Cisco Tech Day Hawaii – Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
- Feb 23 (12:00 – 2:00 pm), Career Networking Event – C208
- January 28 (10:00 – 4:15 pm), Booz Allen Hamilton Ideas Festival 2017 – Plaza Club Honolulu Hawaii Pioneer Plaza
- January 18, 2017 (9:00 am HST), Register for a webinar on Achieving Effective Cyber Hygiene with CIS Critical Security Controls 1-5, Tenable Network Security
- November 17 (10:00 – 2:30 pm), Fall Internship Fair – University of Hawaii at West Oahu, Campus Center Ballroom (C-208)
- November 2 (12:30 – 4:00 pm), Pre-Law Orientation and Advising – University of Hawaii at West Oahu, B217
- October 27 (12:00 – 1:00 pm), FBI Careers Info Session – University of Hawaii at West Oahu, B217
- October 19 (10 am – 2:30 pm), Opportunities Fair 2016 – University of Hawaii at West Oahu, Campus Center Ballroom (C-208)
- October 15 (7:45 am – 2:00 pm), Second Annual University of Phoenix Hawaii Technology and Business Conference – University of Phoenix Hawaii Campus: Student Resource Center
- Hear from top industry leaders in government, military, retail, security and technology: Registration
- October 12 (12:30 – 1:30 pm), Interview Workshop – University of Hawaii at West Oahu, No’eau Center. [LINK OUTDATED]
- October 12 (11:00 – 12:00 pm), Resume Workshop – University of Hawaii at West Oahu, No’eau Center. [LINK OUTDATED]
- October 11 (12:30 – 1:30 pm), Resume Workshop – University of Hawaii at West Oahu, No’eau Center. [LINK OUTDATED]
- October 11 (11:00 – 12:00 pm), Interview Workshop – University of Hawaii at West Oahu, No’eau Center. [LINK OUTDATED]
- October 6 (2:00 -3:00 pm), Japanese Exchange and Teaching Program Info Session – University of Hawaii at West Oahu, B217. [LINK OUTDATED]
- September 30 – October 1, DisruptArmy Hackathon – Web Application Hackathon at Manoa Innovation Center. [LINK OUTDATED]
- September 28 (12:30 -1:30 pm), UH West O’ahu Legislative Internship Program Info Session – University of Hawaii at West Oahu, ‘Ulu’ulu Archives (Library)
- September 28 (2:00pm), Finding Statistical Information Workshop: Sage Stats and Statistical Abstract of the United States – University of Hawaii at West Oahu, B-233
- September 15-17, Unity Campus Roadshow – Free workshops for Unity game development platform
- Sept. 15, UH Manoa, 1:00p – 5:00p at the LavaLab [Multiplayer Game Workshop] – Registration
- Sept. 16, UH West Oahu, 1:00p – 5:00p at the Creative Media Lab (Laboratory building, E-139) [Multiplayer Game Workshop] – Registration
- Sept. 17, UH Manoa, 10:00a – 3:30p at the iLab [Intro to Unity + VR Roadshow] – Registration
- Sept. 17, UH Manoa, 4:00p – 6:00p at the iLab [Unity Certified Developer Exam Session – Registration
- August 27 – Sept. 24, Hawaii Annual Code Challenge (HACC) – Month long “code challenge”, first of its kind in Hawaii, register as a participant or sponsor
- August 4 – 5 (8:00am – 4:00pm), Po’oihe 2016 Cyber Security Exercise (* Aug. 1 – Application Deadline)
- April 22 (4:00pm – April 24 4:00pm) DevLeague’s NASA Space App Challenge Manoa Innovation Center
- April 20 (10:00am – 2:00pm) UH West Oahu Spring Internship Fair, Campus Center Multipurpose Room, C208
- April 20 (12:00pm – 1:30pm) Secret Service Info Session Room B217
- April 14 (8:00am Check-In 9:00am Start of Full Day Event) Hawaiian Telcom CTF Register Here for More Info
- April 13 (9:30am – 3:00pm) Law School Walk-In Advising Room C158
- April 13 (12:00pm – 1:00pm) Federal Bureau of Investigation Info Session (B-217)
- April 5 (4:30pm – 5:30pm) – XLR8UH -The University of Hawaii’s nationally recognized venture accelerator program, is accepting applications for its 4th cohort taking place in summer 2016. Applications are open to all students, faculty, staff and alumni of the 10 campus University of Hawaii System. – Register for the Manoa iLab Session
- March 30 (2:00pm): Google Fu Workshop, Library Computer Lab (B-233)
- March 29 (4:30pm – 7:30pm) – XLR8UH -The University of Hawaii’s nationally recognized venture accelerator program, is accepting applications for its 4th cohort taking place in summer 2016. Applications are open to all students, faculty, staff and alumni of the 10 campus University of Hawaii System. – Register for the Downtown Info Session
- March 16 (2:00pm): Finding Statistical Information Workshop, Library Computer Lab (B-233)
- March 14 (10:00am – 2:00pm): UHWO Spring Opportunities Fair 2016, UHWO Campus Center Ballroom (C-208). [LINK OUTDATED]
- March 11 (4:30pm) till March 12 (8:00pm) AT&T Mobile App Hackathon – Register for the AT&T Mobile App Hackathon – Hawaii
- March 9 (2:00pm): Integrating Sources in Research Papers Workshop, Library Computer Lab (B-233)
- March 3 (2:00pm – 8:00pm): Intelligence Community (IC) Virtual Career Fair – http://www.icvirtualfair.com/Event Flyer – PDF
- March 3 (1:00pm – 3:00pm): UHWO Career Networking Event. [LINK OUTDATED]
- March 2 (11:00am – 1:00pm): National Security Agency Recruitment and Information Session
- March 2 (2:00pm): Hawaii/Pacific Research Workshop, Library Computer Lab (B-233)
- March 1 The Encryption Tightrope: Balancing American’s Security and Privacy – Youtube Broadcast of Judiciary Committee on Encryption
- February 26 (9:00am – 5:00pm) – February 27 (8:00am – 1:00pm): Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina Job Fair, UHWO Campus
- February 26 (11:00am – 2:00pm): Advise and Resources for Tax Prep, UHWO Library: Second Floor.
- February 19 (11:00am – 2:00pm): Work on Your UH System Scholarship; Noʻeau Center, UHWO Library: Second Floor.
- February 12 (11:00am – 2:00pm): Work on Your FAFSA Application; Noʻeau Center, UHWO Library: Second Floor.
- February 5 (11:00am – 2:00pm): Work on Nā Hoʻokama Application w/ Kamehameha Schools Rep.; Noʻeau Center, UHWO Library: Second Floor.
- January 29 (11:00am – 2:00pm): Getting a Great Letter of Recommendation; Noʻeau Center, UHWO Library: Second Floor.
- January 22 (11:00am – 2:00pm): How to Craft Your Essay; Noʻeau Center, UHWO Library: Second Floor.
- January 21 (10:30am – 1:30pm): Scholarship & Recourse Fair; ʻUluʻulu: The Henry Kuʻualoha Giugni Moving Image Archive of Hawaiʻi room, UHWO Library.
- October 29: FBI Information Session
- October 12: UHWO Fall 2015 Fall Oppurtunities Fair
- October 2: Technology and Business Student Club – Talk Story with Garret Yoshimi, CIO of UH System
- September 14 – September 17: Campus-Wide Open House