Industry Advisory Board
The purpose of the University of Hawai’i–West O’ahu Cybersecurity Industry Advisory Board (IAB) is to provide the cybersecurity programs, including the Bachelor of Applied Science in Information Security and Assurance (BAS-ISA), with industry expertise and input into curriculum development and student programs. The IAB promotes student employment and cyber workforce development.
The IAB consists of volunteer partners that provide insight into strategic planning, and is comprised of stakeholders form private industry, federal and Hawai’i State government cybersecurity stakeholders, and program graduates. IAB members are nominated by full-time faculty in the cybersecurity programs or other IAB members. Membership is approved by the Division Chair for a two-year term and can be approved for additional terms.
- Private Industry
- Government Stakeholders
- Recent Graduates
IAB members support the university cybersecurity programs and students by:
- Participating in individual or board meetings with faculty to support strategic planning.
- Participating in polls, questionnaires, or surveys the support cybersecurity programs.
- Support student cybersecurity workforce development, employment, and internships.
- Provide advice and recommendations related to student professional certifications and organizational membership.
- Serve as a liaison from their professional organization to support student opportunities.
For additional information related to the UH West Oahu Cybersecurity IAB, please see the contact information available from westoahu.hawaii.edu/cyber/contact