- University of Hawaiʻi Information Security (hyperlink to https://www.hawaii.edu/
- Report a Security Incident University of Hawaiʻi (hyperlink https://www.hawaii.
- University of Hawaiʻi Information Security Policies (hyperlink to https://www.hawaii.edu/
- University of Hawaiʻi Information Security Training (hyperlink to https://www.hawaii.edu/
- University of Hawaiʻi Resources and Tips (hyperlink to https://www.hawaii.edu/
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Assistant Professor Michael Miranda published the article “Enhancing Cybersecurity Awareness Training: A Comprehensive Phishing Exercise Approach” in International Management Review (ISSN 1551-6849, Vol. 14, No. 2 2018), October 2018 (pdf)
- Dr. Matthew A. Chapman appeared on ThinkTech on March 15, 2017 to raise public awareness in Hawaii. It has been streamed live on thinktechhawaii.com and livestream.com and will be uploaded to youtube
- Dr. Matthew A. Chapman published article, “Facilitating Regional Cybersecurity Workforce Development” in the April, 2016 issue of the International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology.
- A Strategic Perspective to Planning for Cyber Attacks; UH West Oʻahu Assistant Professor of Information Technology and Security Dr. Matthew Chapman recently published “Planning for Malicious Activity on Communication Networks,” in the International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology about planning for the eventual reality of cyber attacks; September 2015. [Read more]
Honolulu Community College Cybersecurity Center – Honolulu Community College has developed this center to showcase different cybersecurity related programs and resources available to students and faculty. Honolulu Community College has been recognized as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education Two-Year (CAE2Y). This program, which is sponsored by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Defense (DHS), recognizes collegiate institutions which have met their standards of excellence in Information Assurance education.
Kapi‘olani Community College Cybersecurity Center – Kapi‘olani Community College has developed this center to publicize different cybersecurity related programs and resources available to students and faculty. Kapi‘olani Community College is a candidate as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education Two-Year (CAE2Y).
University of Hawai’i – Maui College Center for Cybersecurity and Research – The Center for Cybersecurity Education and Research (CCER) was established at the University of Hawaii Maui College in 2012, to provide the local community and students with cybersecurity education, training and guidance. The mission of CCER is to provide cybersecurity guidance, training and workforce development activities to the local community, K-12 students and teachers, as well as students enrolled at UHMC.
Leeward Community College Information and Computer Science (ICS) Program – Prepare for employment as technical assistants to professional and administrative personnel with the AS Degree in ICS, choosing from five areas of specialty: Network Support Specialist, Database Support Specialist, Information Security Specialist, Mobile Developer Specialist, Software Developer Specialist.
Career, Research, and Writing Resources
- Computer Science Online, Crafting A Winning Computer Science Resume: Expert Tips for College Students, New Graduates & Professionals
Expert Tips for College Students, New Graduates & Professionals
- Information Security at the University of Hawai‘i
- Creating Accessible Documents (Making web pages, sites, and documents meant for wider audiences, ADA compliant)
- Search through thousands of jobs at Cybersecurity Jobs
- Best Cybersecurity Bootcamp finder by BestColleges
External Cybersecurity Resources
- DoD Public Cyber Exchange
- The National Security Agency
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Defense
- The National CyberWatch Center
- CyberWatch West, The Center for Cybersecurity Education
- The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)
- CyberDegrees.org (Cyber Degrees, Career Paths, and Training Resources)
- The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- IEEE Cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity Education
- National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE)
- Cyber Conflict Studies Association (CCSA)
Vulnerabilities and Alerts
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology: National Vulnerability Database
- The United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT): Alerts and Tips
- CyberSecurity Statistics & Facts 2019 – https://www.websitehostingrating.com/cybersecurity-statistics-facts/
Vulnerability Research and Advisories
- Packet Storm Security – http://www.packetstormsecurity.org
- Security Focus – http://www.securityfocus.com
Cyber Threat Information Sharing
- US-CERT Information Sharing Specifications for Cybersecurity: Information on the efforts of the Office of Cybersecurity and Communications, National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center and US-CERT to automate and structure operational cybersecurity information sharing techniques.
- Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act of 2015 – 04661F2499D75F55D3CB63C4F4962CE62302BC17 (SHA1)
CSCC Global Cybersecurity Resources
Live Cyber Attack Maps
- Kaspersky Cyberthreat Real-Time Map
- Digital Attack Map
- Bitdefender Cyberthreat Real-Time Map
- IPew Attack Map
- Krebs On Security, Who’s Attacking Whom? Realtime Attack Trackers
- ControlTrends – Real-Time Threat Maps – Information on real-time threat maps
U.S. Government Policies and Procedures
DODI 8500.01 Cybersecurity – D8E87CC44B0CF0FD4ED4A640275FA9BD5A5712AE (SHA1)
Presidential Policy Directive/PPD-21
Presidential Executive Order on Strengthening the Cybersecurity of Federal Networks and Critical Infrastructure
Federal and State Cyber Laws and Regulations
- Office of the Law Revision Counsel, The United States Code (see Title 18, Section 1030)
- National Conference on State Legislatures (see Crime and Computer Crime Statues)
Select Technical Standards
- RFC 791: Internet Protocol from The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)
- RFC 793: Transmission Control Protocol from The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)
Cybersecurity in Education: What Teachers, Parents and Students Should Know
- From July to August, 2020, Microsoft’s Global Threat Activity Tracker detected more than 8 million malware incidents — with education being the most affected industry. Read the full story.
- Preparing Tomorrow’s Workforce, UH West Oahu’s Cybersecurity courses develop student’s skill set to match the workforce needs of the nation. Read more here.
- Base-64 Decoder – to decode Base64 encoding
- 7-zip – open-source file archiver, an application used primarily to compress files
- haveibeenpwned.com – Check if you have an account that has been compromised in a data breach