Graduates, family, and friends will celebrate fall 2019 commencement exercises on Saturday, Dec. 14. More than 300 students will earn bachelor’s degrees and certificates during a 9 a.m. ceremony at the UH West Oʻahu Lower Courtyard.
Chancellor Maenette K.P. Ah Nee-Benham will preside over the ceremony. University of Hawai‘i System President David Lassner and University of Hawai‘i Board of Regents’ Michael McEnerney and Robert Frank Westerman will be on hand to congratulate the graduates.
UH West O‘ahu graduates will receive their baccalaureate in Applied Sciences, Business Administration, Creative Media, Education, Humanities, Natural Science, Public Administration, and Social Sciences during the commencement ceremony. Graduates will also receive certificates in various programs including Applied Forensic Anthropology, Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Management, Gender Studies, Health Care Administration, Music, Risk Management and Insurance, and Substance Abuse and Addictions Studies.
The commencement ceremony will be streamed live on the UH West O‘ahu website at westoahu.hawaii.edu.
UH West O‘ahu Fall 2019 Commencement details:
- Family and friends are welcome to attend commencement in the UH West O‘ahu Lower Courtyard. No tickets will be issued. Guests may arrive at 7:30 a.m. The seating area will be closed off once it reaches maximum capacity.
- The parking lot is expected to fill to capacity. Parking Passes will be distributed to the candidates for graduation.
- Lei vendors will be on site. Balloons and strollers are not allowed in the commencement seating area for safety reasons.
- A first-aid station will be available.
- A UH West Oʻahu Bookstore tent will be on site selling UH West Oʻahu merchandise.
- Graduates may greet guests following the ceremony at approximately 10:30 a.m. at the UH West O‘ahu Great Lawn near alphabetical signs.