The Library offers students three unique opportunities to improve your research skills.
Upcoming Workshops for Spring 2021
The Library will be hosting synchronous online workshops for UHWO students, utilizing Zoom. These brief, 1-hr workshops assist students with various aspects of the research and information navigation process. Each workshop is offered on two separate days, to maximize outreach to students.
- The Research Process
Tues, 1/26 or Wed, 1/27 from 6-7p
- Managing Research Data
Tues, 2/2 or Wed, 2/3 from 6-7p
- Evaluating and Citing Sources
Tues, 2/9 or Wed, 2/10 from 6-7p
- Preparing for Presentations
Tues, 2/16 or Wed, 2/17 from 6-7p
- Fake News and Misinformation
Tues, 2/23 or Wed, 2/24 from 6-7p
- Advanced Searching Strategies
Tues, 3/2 or Wed, 3/3 from 6-7p
- Finding Census Data
Wed, 3/24 or Thurs, 3/25 from 6-7p
- Google Smarter, Not Harder
Tues, 3/30 or Wed, 3/31 from 6-7p
- Protecting Your Digital Identity
Tues, 4/6 or Wed, 4/7 from 6-7p
- (REPEAT) The Research Process
Tues, 4/13 or Wed, 4/14 from 6-7p
Are you interested in attending one of these workshops?
On-Demand Library & Research Workshops
These short workshops cater to your schedule and the skills that you think you need to develop. Ask your instructor if (s)he’ll give you extra credit for attending for attending virtually or physically!
How It Works
- Identify a workshop that interests you.
- Find at least 3 other people (your group should have a minimum of 4 individuals) that are interested in attending the workshop with you.
- Submit your request.
- You’ll be contacted by a Librarian within 24 business hours to confirm a date/time and location. If you choose to attend virtually, you’ll receive detailed information about how you’ll be able to join the workshop online.
- All attendees will be sent an email verifying their attendance at the workshop…and their newfound skills! For proof of attendance, you can forward this to your instructor.
Research and Writing (RaW) Series
The RaW series is a partnership between the Library and Noʻeau Center. Together, our goal is to improve your entire research process, from start to finish. Empower yourself by signing up for this 4-part series. Workshops can be attended live ONLINE (via Zoom) or can be completed after the live airing by viewing youtube videos and completing short exercises. Some instructors offer credit to students who complete the series. Not sure if yours does? Ask them!
For more information about the series, including live airing dates and registration information, click on the button below.
The RaW series originated when the Library created a comprehensive research guide to navigate students through the process. To access the guide, click on the button below.