The Library is B-Building – consult the campus map to familiarize yourself with the campus layout and to view the accessible parking area. The Library has one entrance – the double-doors on the left side of our entrance are accessible.
There is one elevator in the building, which can only be accessed from inside the building. After entering, the elevator can be found past the service desks on the first floor, and before the entrance to ʻUluʻulu.
The restrooms on both floors of the Library are accessible; they can be found on the komohana, or west, side of the building.
- Info Commons 28 (first floor) has the software ZoomText, JAWS, Kurzweil 3000 as well as a large print keyboard and a high-speed document scanner.
- Info Commons 44 (second floor) has the software ZoomText and JAWS and a large print keyboard
More information about the available software:
- ZoomText is a screen magnifier software developed for visually impaired people that allows users to see and hear everything on the computer screen.
- JAWS (Job Access With Speech) is a screen reader program that allows blind or visually impaired people to read the screen by using a text-to-speech output.
- Kurzweil 3000 is a reading and writing software designed to assist people who are blind, partially sighted, or who have learning disabilities like dyslexia and attention deficit disorders.
LOOKING FOR ADA ASSISTANCE?
Contact Tom Hirsbrunner, our campus’ ADA/504 Coordinator. He can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at (808) 689-2935.