The Library gives visually and/or hearing impaired patrons priority access to accessibility software on one Info Commons computer station:
- Info Commons 28 (first floor) has the software ZoomText, JAWS, Kurzweil 3000 as well as a large print keyboard and a high-speed document scanner.
- Info Commons 44 (second floor) has the software ZoomText and JAWS and a large print keyboard
More information about the available software:
- ZoomText is a screen magnifier software developed for visually impaired people that allows users to see and hear everything on the computer screen.
- JAWS (Job Access With Speech) is a screen reader program that allows blind or visually impaired people to read the screen by using a text-to-speech output.
- Kurzweil 3000 is a reading and writing software designed to assist people who are blind, partially sighted, or who have learning disabilities like dyslexia and attention deficit disorders.
LOOKING FOR ADA ASSISTANCE?
Contact Tom Hirsbrunner, our campus’ ADA/504 Coordinator. He can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at (808) 689-2935.