Finding Course Reserves
There are two ways to search for Course Reserves.
- Click on this link, which has a list of all items currently on Course Reserve.
- Search by title, instructor, or course via Onesearch.
Using Course Reserves
Course Reserve items can be checked out with a valid UHWO student ID from the Library’s Circulation Desk. Loan periods vary based on the instructor’s preference, so pay attention to the date and time Library staff tell you it is due.
- Fines: Fines are assessed at $1/hour. Please return all Course Reserve materials to the Circulation Desk before its due date/time to avoid fines.
Placing an Item on Course Reserve
Instructors are able to place the following items on Course Reserve:
- Personal copies: Item(s) that are owned by faculty can be placed on reserve. Please note that all personal copies will have a barcode and label attached to the item(s) for circulation purposes.
- Library-owned copies: Any item(s) owned by the Campbell Library can be placed on reserve. They are done so on a first come, first served basis.
To submit an item for Course Reserve, instructors should:
- Know the title and basic information of the item you would like to place on Reserve.
- Go to our online Course Reserve Request Form.
- Fill out all fields with the appropriate information.
- If you’re placing a personal item on Course Reserve, either drop the book off at the Library or send it to us via Campus Mail.
- Unless specified otherwise, reserve lists and items will automatically be withdrawn at the end of each semester. You will be contacted with relevant information and if personal copies are not picked up by the specified date, staff will assess whether or not they can be added into the permanent collection or given to the VCAA office to place into faculty mailboxes.
- If courses are not taught consecutively, the Library will not hold onto personal copies (e.g. spring course not offered until next spring, etc.).
- Library books will be returned to their respective library stacks.
The full list of items currently on Course Reserve can be accessed by clicking on this link. This list continues to be updated as requests are made and processed.