Treat yourself to culture, get a dose of healthy living, and be well as the PIKO Project holds E Ola Pono Week starting Monday, Sept. 11 and continuing through Friday, Sept. 15. E Ola Pono features events involving culture, health, and wellness.
- Piko, Center your thoughts with Oli, Mele, and Hoʻokupu at Hale Kuahuokalā. 9 a.m.
- Nohona Hawaiʻi, The Hawaiian Way, class by kumu Lynette Paglinawan 9:30 – 11 a.m., Hale Kuahuokalā. . Hawaiian Worldviews. What is spirituality? The piko and naʻau?
- Zumba Fitness Class, Free one hour Zumba Fitness Class brought to you by Intramural Sports. The Loft (2nd floor Campus Center) 4:45-5:45 p.m.
- Islands at Risk and Hawaiian Medicine Man Pawa Auwai film screening at ʻUluʻulu: The Henry Kuʻualoha Giugni Moving Image Archive of Hawaiʻi, 9:30 a.m.
- Mauna Kea Temple under Siege and Mauna Media: Hale Ku Kiaʻa screening at ʻUluʻulu: The Henry Kuʻualoha Giugni Moving Image Archive of Hawaiʻi, 11 a.m.
- Culture, Health & Wellness Fair, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Courtyard
Come enjoy food, games, Kipa Aloha, Lomilomi workshops, campus and community resources, food and games!
- FitBit Challenge/Pickup for people interested in participating in the Fitbit Challenge this semester. Checkout the Piko Booth while supplies last.
- All Level Yoga at Hale Kuahuokalā, 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m
- All Level Yoga at Hale Kuahuokalā, 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Free Play Thursdays, Great Lawn, 3-6 p.m.
- Karaoke Competition, 5-7 p.m., C225
- Campus Beautification. Help planting and laying mulch behind the library. Bring sun protection, closed toe shoes, etc. 9:30-11:30 a.m., Courtyard
- Campus Appreciation. Help appreciate the great work of our facilities and campus services crew in keeping the campus beautiful and functioning. Noon-1 p.m., Plaza