UH West Oʻahu’s intramural sports program is set to kick off its fall semester schedule on Thursday, Aug. 24, when Free Play Thursdays takes to the Great Lawn between 3 and 6 p.m.
Each week the Great Lawn is set up for a variety of sports included volleyball, soccer, and flag football. Free Play Thursday is scheduled to run every Thursday except Thanksgiving day through Dec. 7.
On average about 250 to 300 people participate in UH West Oʻahu intramural sports every semester, according to Ryan Perreira, Intramural Sports Coordinator. This dozens of people who participate weekly in the Free Play activities.
Other athletic offerings:
- Flag Football will begin at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 19 with League Play at Moanalua Community Park. The 7-versus-7 games continue every Tuesday through Oct. 24. The registration deadline is Sept. 13.
- 6-versus-6 volleyball will begin at 5:45 p.m. Oct. 31 at the Salt Lake District Gym and run Tuesdays until November 28. The registration deadline is Oct. 18.
- Two one-day tournaments are also on the schedule, with co-ed volleyball slated on Oct. 30 and 3-on-3 basketball on Nov. 20. Both events are located at the Ewa Mahiko District Gym. UH West Oʻahu students, faculty and staff plus students from community colleges can come together to challenge each other in a less competitive atmosphere.
- For tennis players there is the Sports Fanatics Club that will meet Fridays beginning Aug. 25 and continuing through Dec. 1 at Club Tennis, Ewa Mahiko Tennis Courts.
- For Anglers or Fishermen, there will be a fishing tournament in November. On shore casting or dunking only, no boats allowed. Post your catch on our Facebook page for points.
Sign up for intramural sports at http://www.uhwo.hawaii.edu/im/sign-up-now/.
Yoga Days for all levels are scheduled on Wednesdays and Thursdays beginning Sept. 6 at Hale Kuahuokalā. The Wednesday classes with Emily Yamamoto are scheduled 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Thursdays classes with Tasia Yamamura are scheduled 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. The sessions end Dec. 7. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries.
Zumba Days at 4:45 p.m. Mondays at the Loft. Begins Aug.21 and runs through Dec. 4. Free and open to all students, faculty and staff.
Questions or need more information? Check the intramural sports website at http://www.uhwo.hawaii.edu/im/ or call (808) 689-2673. Email intramural sports at imwest@hawaiʻi.edu.