one outcome at a time
Improving student learning and program quality through assessment
The goal of assessment at UH West O‘ahu is to improve student learning and program quality through an iterative process of planning, evidence, analysis, reevaluation and communication. To fulfill this goal the Office of Assessment, Evaluation, and Accreditation has several purposes, including:
- Designing and implementing institution-level assessment projects, including collaborating with UH West O‘ahu’s Assessment Coordinators to develop, implement, and continuously evaluate assessment plans for all divisions and concentrations.
- Providing leadership in developing an institutional framework for assessing student learning and promoting a learning-centered environment.
- Collaborate with UH West Oʻahu’s Faculty Senate Program Review Committee to facilitate the program review process.
- Providing workshops and other training opportunities with the goal of enhancing institutional capacity to engage in assessment.
- Facilitating conversations about assessment results and using them to improve student learning.
Our office provides consulting services to our campus colleagues in the development and implementation of formative assessment program processes that fit the needs of the given program.