Fall 2016 Commencement is Saturday, Dec. 10, at 9 a.m. in the UH West O‘ahu Campus Lower Courtyard.
Rehearsal for the candidates for graduation is Friday, Dec. 9, from 3:30 to 5 p.m., starting in C225.
Please note that the commencement ceremony is separate from the actual degree certification and conferral. Participation in a commencement ceremony and/or inclusion in the commencement program does not indicate official graduation or degree conferral.
Some other items to remember:
- You must wear your cap and gown in order to participate in the ceremony.
- Tassels on your caps should hang on the right of your cap until after the symbolic conferring of degrees.
- The front of the cap, which has the shorter point, should be centered directly over your nose.
- The cap should be worn squarely on the top of the head.
- Please refrain from decorating your caps with any items that may obstruct the view of your fellow candidates seated around you.
- NOTE: Large bags (purses, backpacks, etc.) placards or signage, beach balls, and pets (excluding service animals) will not be allowed on the ceremony area. Plan to have your guests keep your personal belongings until after the ceremony.
NOTE to PARENTS: Children (including infants) will not be allowed to accompany graduates in the ceremony. Please plan to have your guests watch your children during the ceremony.
Parking is limited and will be on a first come, first served basis. The parking lot will be closed once it reaches full capacity. Carpooling is highly encouraged. Plan to arrive early as there will be considerable congestion along the Farrington Highway entrance to the campus. Those needing disability parking are especially encouraged to arrive early.
For more information, go to http://www.uhwo.hawaii.edu/campus-life/student-affairs/commencement/commencement-information-for-graduates/.