Several student-facing services and facilities will be closed or reduce their hours next week as instruction goes on a hiatus from March 18 to 22.
The following will be closed during Spring recess:
- James & Abigail Campbell Library: The library will close on Saturday, March 16, and reopen on Monday, March 25.
- Noʻeau Center: The tutoring and examination center will be closed from Monday, March 18, to Friday, March 22. Testing will be done on an appointment-only basis (CLEP exams excluded).
- Nāulu Center: The center will be closed from Monday, March 18, to Friday, March 22, although campus groups will use the facility for training.
- The UHWO Bookstore. The bookstore will close from Monday, March 18, to Friday, March 22.
Open, but limited hours:
- Da Spot and the campus dining room will be open for breakfast and lunch but on a limited basis. Da Spot will be open from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., from Monday, March 18, to Friday, March 22,
- PUEO Fitness Center: Closed Monday, March 18, and Friday, March 22. Open on a limited basis (8 a.m. to 1 p.m.) from Tuesday, March 19, through Thursday, March 21, for staff to perform cleaning.
Open, no change in hours:
- University of Hawaiʻi Federal Credit Union. It will maintain its regular hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday.
As a reminder, the week will be a busy one for Planning and Campus Operations. There will be the an annual trimming of the monkeypod trees on campus from Wednesday, March 20, to Friday, March 22. The contractor will be coning off portions of Road A while work is being performed. When the monkeypod trees in the Courtyard are being trimmed, the area will be closed for your safety. Please anticipate delays and associated noise accordingly.
Also, Tokai University will be changing the roadside banners on the makai side of their campus on Thursday, March 21, starting at 9 a.m. A boom truck and traffic cones will be used. Please avoid this area. Minimize pedestrian as well as vehicular traffic while the project is in progress.
On Saturday, March 16, from approx. 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., HECO will be
temporarily shutting down power to the Administration and Health Science (A)
building. This electrical interruption is to accommodate the installation of
laboratory equipment in certain rooms. For your safety and for the safety of
the contractor, please prepare accordingly. Please do not use the elevators.
If you have any questions, contact the UH West Oahu Project Manager at (808)
689-2543. There will be no internet (including wireless), no emergency code blue service, and no desk phone service while power is out. This will affect just the Administration and Health Science building. The rest of the campus will have internet and phone connection.