The West Oʻahu Mobile Vet Center will be at UH West Oʻahu on Monday, Oct, 23, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the courtyard. The Mobile Vet Center provides outreach services to eligible Veterans and their family members who experience readjustment difficulties as the result of the Veteran’s service in the military.
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs has Mobile Vet Centers nationally to provide readjustment counseling and information resources to eligible Veterans. The mobile units function like regular Vet Center offices in focusing on services that help Veterans make the difficult transition between military and civilian life.
Vet Centers offer counseling on a wide range of psycho social services to eligible Veterans, Service members and their families. These include:
- Individual and group counseling for Veterans, Service members, and their families;
- Family counseling for military related issues;
- Bereavement counseling for families who experience an active duty death;
- Military sexual trauma counseling and referral;
- Outreach and education including PDHRA, community events, etc.;
- Substance abuse assessment and referral;
- Employment assessment & referral;
- VBA benefits explanation and referral; and,
- Screening & referral for medical issues including TBI, depression, etc.
Unable to make it on Oct. 23? There is a Vet Center office in Kapolei that is open Monday through Saturday. It is located at 885 Kamokila Boulevard, Suite 105. Phone: 808-674-2414 Or 877-927-8387.