Complimentary coffee and baked treats, goodie bags, and yoga and belly dancing sessions are among the offerings of Welcome Week — festivities to welcome University of Hawai‘i–West O’ahu students to the fall semester.
Welcome Week will be held Monday, Aug. 21, through Thursday, Aug. 24, at the UH West O‘ahu Outdoor Learning Space.
Organizers encourage students to stop by to enjoy the treats and to familiarize themselves with campus organizations and resources that are sure to help them in the coming semester.
Among the Welcome Week activities:
- Associated Students of the University of Hawai‘i–West O‘ahu (ASUHWO) Coffee Hour, with treats from Valerio’s, 9 to 11 a.m. Monday, Aug. 21, and Tuesday, Aug. 22
- Chair Yoga with Ikumi, 10:45 a.m., 11:45 a.m., 12:45 p.m., and 1:45 p.m. (15 minute sessions) Monday, Aug. 21, through Thursday, Aug. 24
- Recreational Activities — Cornhole and Jenga: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday, Aug. 21, and Tuesday Aug. 22, in the field next to the OLS
- Get Involved with Student Organizations Fair, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday, Aug. 21, and Tuesday, Aug. 22
- Student Activity Fee Board Goodie Bags and Treats: noon to 2 p.m. Monday, Aug. 21, through Thursday, Aug. 24 (while supplies last)
- Essential Resources: noon to 2 p.m. Monday, Aug. 21, through Thursday, Aug. 24
- “Shimmies and Smiles” Belly Dancing Demo, 12:30 to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 22, and Wednesday, Aug. 23
You must be a UH West O‘ahu student to attend and participate in all Welcome Week activities; please bring your student ID.
For more information or any questions, email email@example.com. Also, follow @safbwo and @uhwostudentlife on Instagram for updates and reminders for future events.
To see photos from the event, visit the Welcome Week Fall 2023 album on Flickr.