Beta Upsilon Chapter of Gamma lota Sigma
Purpose & Objective
- To promote a close connection between members of the GAMMA IOTA SIGMA and Hawai‘i’s insurance industry and community.
- Encourage professional growth among members and officers in leadership roles.
- Encourage collaboration among members to work towards the common goal of gaining knowledge on the insurance industry and benefits filtered from a career in insurance.
- To provide support for the Certificate in Risk Management and Insurance (RMI) faculty and students on curriculum and educational goals.
The purpose of this fraternity is to promote, encourage, and sustain student interest in insurance, risk management, and actuarial science as professions; to encourage the high moral and scholastic attainments of its members; and to facilitate interaction of educational institutions and industry through networking and by fostering research activities, scholarship, and improved public relations.
- Membership is open to all UH West Oahu students, faculty, and alumni.
- Membership becomes official upon written documentation.
- Dues paid to the GIS Executive Office are required of all members.
- Alumni of UH West Oahu can participate in general membership meetings in a nonvoting capacity. Current UH West Oahu students and faculty have the right to vote at any general membership meeting.
To apply, make an appointment with Professor Keaunui (firstname.lastname@example.org) to coordinate completion of GIS application ($50 one-time fee) and GIS BETA Upsilon local chapter club form ($20 per academic year). The GIS BETA UPSILON Chapter Treasurer will contact new members regarding all applicable fees.