Transfer Credit Policy and Information
Campus Policy: Registration
We’ve gone virtual! Although we are unable to offer in-person services at this time, we are committed to providing support in a virtual landscape. Our office hours are Mondays through Fridays, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UH West O‘ahu recognizes undergraduate coursework completed at regionally accredited colleges and universities that are equivalent to the academic content of the University. In determining equivalencies and transferability, each course is carefully reviewed based on the scope of topics covered, rigor, contact hours, etc. Previously earned credits are automatically evaluated upon acceptance to a degree-seeking program at UH West O’ahu and receipt of the student’s Statement of Intent to Register form/tuition deposit, which confirms their intent to enroll for classes.
Transfer students can view their credits of previously completed classes online via STAR after activating their MyUH account. Transfer credits applied towards your UH West O’ahu degree can be viewed beginning in August for new fall students and January for spring students.
What will be considered?
- Courses completed with a minimum grade of “D” (not “D-”)
- Courses completed with a grade of “CR” (credit), “P” (passing) or “CE” (credit by exam) may be transferable if these grades are equivalent to a grade of “D” or better as noted on the institution’s transcript or catalog. No more than 21 lower division and 21 upper division credits of “CR”, “P” and “CE” courses can be applied towards meeting degree requirements.
- Correspondence, occupational, vocational and technical courses may be considered although they may not be applicable to the student’s chosen program of study.
- Students who are requesting an evaluation based on standardized exam results or military coursework must do so within their first semester of enrollment at UH West O’ahu.
- Students requesting credit by examination (Challenge Exams) must do so within their first year of enrollment.