COVID-19 Updates and Resources
UH West O’ahu has released interim COVID-19 Guidelines to protect the safety, health and welfare of its students, employees and visitors as the campus reopens. For UH-system updates, go to the UH Important Information COVID-19 updates resource page.
For a curated collection of Hawaiʻi COVID-19 Resources, go to the Libraryʻs Libguide, which is continually updated.
If you don’t already have Internet Access at home, Spectrum and Hawaiian Telcom are offering access.
Changes to Library Operations
Please note these hours are subject to change depending on directives from the local government and/or the University of Hawaiʻi System office.
The Library is closed to the general public until further notice. Only UH students, faculty, and staff will be permitted access to the building. Our regular Spring 2021 hours are:
- (in-person) Monday – Thursday: 9 am – 3 pm, Friday: 9:30 am – 1:30 pm
- (chat) Monday – Friday: 7:30 am – 5 pm
We strongly recommend that UH-affiliated patrons schedule their visits with an appointment before visiting to ensure that your space is reserved. Maximum occupancy: 16 UH-affiliated patrons. Maximum reservation length: 120 minutes.
- All library patrons and staff are required to wear a face mask at all times while inside the Library building. If you have a medical exemption, you should wear a plastic face shield while within the Library.
- Only the first floor is open, so please respect the barricades and signage.
- The group study rooms remain closed.
- The library has rearranged seating to follow CDC Prevention of Coronavirus Disease 2019 guidelines. Do not move the furniture.
- Library staff are working with facilities and IT staff to clean frequently touched surfaces twice a day or as needed.
- If you or someone you are in close contact with are sick, please stay home and get healthy. If you need to renew a library book please refer to the “Returning library materials” section below.
- Eating is no longer allowed in the Library building. Covered beverages are ok.
- Office supplies (e.g. staplers, hole punchers) will no longer be provided to Library patrons, so please plan accordingly.
All library events have been canceled, and no events are being planned for the immediate future.
Long-term Loans of Laptops and iPads
Laptops and iPads are available for checkout on a first-come-first-serve basis. One device per student. Laptops and iPads will be due at the end of the semester. Please return them in person to the circulation desk. Email email@example.com to check on availability or to make arrangements.
Returning Library Materials
Books and DVDs can be returned at any time using our exterior book drop, located outside of our exit doors. While the library is open, you may return library materials as usual. If you are sick, please stay home and contact us to request a due date extension. Note that you can also renew items yourself at the following link.
Borrowing and Requesting Items: Articles, Book Chapters and Books
If a patron visits the Library and wants to borrow a print book or physical DVD from our collection, library staff will retrieve those items and bring them to them Circulation Desk. Go to the Circulation Desk to inquire about this.
- Interlibrary Loans
You may continue to request articles and book chapters through our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service page and through the Interlibrary Loan Request forms generated from OneSearch records of the item(s) you wish to request. Book requests are available for faculty and staff only. Please note that due to current changes to the availability of interlibrary loan services in partner libraries, some article, book chapter and book requests may take longer to process. If you have any questions about interlibrary loan requests please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Intrasystem Loans
Effective Monday, July 20, intrasystem loans will resume. About 40% of the physical collection at UH-Mānoa’s Hamilton Library is currently available on HathiTrust. HathiTrust is a digital library that offers free access to millions of digital books. If a digital copy of the requested book is available on HathiTrust, you will be sent a link to access it online. If a digital copy of the requested book is not available on HathiTrust, then the print version will be sent to you to pick up. To read more about using HathiTrust, go here.
Get Help from a Librarian
The library will continue to provide assistance with research through chat, e-mail, phone and synchronous Zoom appointments during our operating hours. Please send your questions through our contact page or to a specific librarian through the staff directory. The Reference desk will be closed.
Using the Library While Off-campus
For help with research on specific subject areas or topics please consult our library research guides.
You will be able to find, use and request articles as usual. You can find articles searching OneSearch and our library databases. If you have a problem accessing or finding an article, please contact us.
Our library has a robust e-book collection. You can find e-books using OneSearch and our e-book databases:
You may continue to access our streaming video collections 24/7. To find streaming videos search our video databases.