Herbal Medicine Self-Care Workshop- Lei Po‘o

Adjustments to policies to help remove barriers to education created by a disability.

Accommodations are modifications to program policies and/or rules that help reduce the impact of a disability on a student’s academic success. Some of the common accommodations are note-taking assistance, extended time on exams, frequent breaks, use of assistive technology, and more. UH West Oʻahu will work with each student individually to determine what works best for them.

The first step is to complete the intake form. After that you should provide documentation of your disability to the ADA/504 Coordinator. The final step is to have a meeting with the ADA/504 Coordinator to discuss your accommodations.

We talk about your disability, how it affects your academics, and the services that can be provided based on each student’s individual needs. Also, students may choose to bring someone with them to the appointment if they like.

Students pay no fees to receive academic accommodations at UH West Oʻahu.

Yes! UH West Oʻahu offers tutoring services to all students. You do not need an accommodation for tutoring services.

We are located on the second floor of C-building. Please check-in at the front desk if you come in for an appointment. NOTE: Due to COVID-19, we are only taking appointments via Zoom and telephone.

Yes, our campus was built according to the design standards required by the ADA. We have automatic doors, elevators, accessible parking, and other features that assist people with disabilities.

Please follow the grievance process. Often, the ADA/504 Coordinator can help resolve issues quickly.

Yes, service animals are definitely welcome on our campus!

Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act is a civil rights law that protects people with disabilities from discrimination in programs and activities that are receiving federal funding.

The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 Article II is a civil rights law that prohibits discrimination based on disability in all programs and services provided by state and local government, such as the University of Hawaiʻi–West Oʻahu.