Tokai - IT Support Services - Immediate Hire
Wage Category : NonExempt, Parttime
Report To : Executive Director
Revision Date : 2/25/2016
Start Date: Immediately
Number of Hours: Between 16 – 24 hours per week depending on the demand
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, this position provides oversight and technical support of the organization’s information management system, including computer hardware and software installation, maintenance, and support.
- Responding to PC trouble shoot requests from Students, Faculty and Staff.
- Promptly address individual PC operational problems and perform necessary maintenance jobs.
- Performs hardware and software installations, upgrade processes.
- Providing an introductory brief training for users to new or modified hardware and software.
- Develops and maintains software and hardware inventory; develops inventory lists and orders, checks and stores electronic components.
- Keeps track of warranties and service agreements, and reminds supervisor for extension when necessary.
- Assists with organizational projects, particularly exhibits requiring connectivity of computer cables or wireless Ethernet connections.
- Monitors the various Computer Labs on campus.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- No server management skills are required.
- No network switches and routers handling skills are required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of similar industry experience.
- Able to handle diverse projects simultaneously.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in written form.
- Able to prioritize, schedule, project and coordinate workload.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
Physical and Cognitive Requirements
- Frequently required to stand and walk.
- Occasional to frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, or crawling.
- Must be able to lift, pull, and push up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Operate a computer terminal and various office/classroom equipment, and communicate by phone.
- Repetitive movement of hands and fingers.
- Read, analyze, and interpret complex written data (text or numeric).