Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
13. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis
14. Upgrade administrative tools and utilities
15. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
16. Perform security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
17. Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Short Term Contract
1. Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in systems administration and support.
2. Knowledge of JWICS related hardware and software.
3. Requires DoD 8570-M Certification
4. TS/SCI required
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
Apply at General Dynamics