Health and Wellness
The University of Hawaiʻi–West Oʻahu believes that a healthy lifestyle contributes to the success of its students. Explore the free and confidential programs and services we offer to students, faculty, and staff.
UH West Oʻahu promotes awareness of health and wellness activities and supports the needs of its students in their quest to create and maintain healthy, well-balanced lifestyles.
UH West Oʻahu offers free and confidential mental health services for all enrolled students. Services are provided by a qualified mental health professional and include individual and group therapy, couples counseling, and psychological assessment. Walk-in appointments are welcome and participation is completely voluntary. General inquiries about health and wellness are encouraged.
Hours of operation are Monday – Friday from 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Accommodations will be made for students who need to schedule appointments outside of normal business hours. Call (808) 689-2675 to schedule an appointment or visit room B216 in the UH West Oʻahu Library for more information.
When to get help
If you have general mental health questions, desire health information or simply do not feel you are living up to your full potential, call (808) 689-2675 for a confidential consultation. Be sure to make an immediate appointment with UH West O’ahu Counseling Services if
- as a result of psychological issues, family problems, or other life stressors, there is a significant decline in your ability to function at work or school.
- you have had recent thoughts of suicide or wish you were dead.
- you are afraid you may not be able to control your impulse to hurt someone else.
- there are noticeable changes in your appetite or sleeping patterns.
- you have or have had a previous mental health diagnosis or if you have ever taken psychotropic medications.
- your anxiety makes it difficult or uncomfortable to socialize or establish friendships.
- you have a loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities.
- you feel distress.
- you have unusual experiences that you cannot rationally explain.
- people important to you have expressed recent concerns about your substance abuse.
Wellness groups are encouraged and may be offered at a studentʻs request. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (NSPL)
National 24/7 crisis line 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
TTY: 1-800-799-4TTY (4889)
Hawaii State Department of Health’s Access Line
Hawaiʻi 24/7 crisis line Oʻahu 832-3100
Neighbor Islands Toll Free: 1-800-753-6879
National 24/7 hotline for LGBTQ youth
Military One Source
24/7 hotline provided by the Department of Defense at no cost to service members and their families
Sex Abuse 24 Hour Hotline
Domestic Violence Action Center
Suicide and Crisis Center
(808) 832-3100 Oʻahu
1-800-753-6879 Neighbor Islands
National Sexual Assault Hotline
University of Hawai’i – West O’ahu
91-1001 Farrington Highway, Room B216
Kapolei, HI 96707
Phone: (808) 689-2675
Campus Health Services
The Campus Health Services office provides basic health care for students on campus.
Hours of Operation (Monday – Thursday): 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Location: Advising Office C Building
All Services are available to UH West O‘ahu students
Non-emergency supplies available (e.g. Band-Aids, feminine products, bacitracin, health info, etc.)