Spring 2021 Courses
UH West Oʻahu is using a COVID-19-aware approach to provide a safe, high-quality education for new and returning students, faculty, and support staff as the spring 2021 semester begins as scheduled on Monday, Jan. 11. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, UH West Oʻahu is changing its course delivery methods for the spring 2021 semester.
Military/Veterans benefits, will not be impacted. The C19 attribute will appear in class availability and STAR GPS when classes that have been converted from in-person/hybrid to completely online.
As of January 7, 2021, class locations are finalized. Any location changes after the aforementioned date and time will be updated and reflected on the schedule. Enrolled students in impacted classes will be notified via email. Please continue to check your schedule through STAR, Class Availability, and hawaii.edu email for updates.
- Online unscheduled – The course is conducted entirely online with no scheduled day/time for class sessions.
- Online scheduled – The course is conducted entirely online with scheduled day/time for class sessions.
- Here-or-there (HOT) Hybrid – The class has a combination of in-person class sessions, and includes both online synchronous and/or online asynchronous instruction.
- HOT Hybrid Reserved Seating version provides students the opportunity to sign-up for a seat in the in-person class by session or attend online synchronously.
- HOT Hybrid Rotating Group version – students are assigned to groups by the instructor. Each group is assigned certain class sessions to attend in-person on a rotating schedule.
- Hybrid Split Lab – The lab class is taught partially in-person and partially online. Students register in a class based on a particular day and time.
- Hybrid / Online Blend – Students can choose to enroll in the online synchronous class and attend all class sessions online. Or, the student may choose to enroll in the Hybrid section of the course and attend in-person class sessions. All students will have some asynchronous online instruction as well.
Approved Face-to-Face Classes
- ANTH 361, Section 1-1 (65803)
- ANTH 384L, Section 1-1 (65827)
- ANTH 384L, Section 1-2 (65829)
- BIOL 172L, Section 1 (65205)
- BIOL 275L, Section 1 (65581)
- BIOL 384L, Section 1-1 (65828)
- BIOL 384L, Section 1-2 (65830)
- EDEE 462, Section 1 (65066)
- EDEE 466, Section 1 (65065)
- GEOL 101, Section 1 (65056)
- GEOL 101L, Section 1 (65057)
- MATH 103, Section 2-1 (65104)
- MATH 241, Section 1-1 (65218)
- MATH 242, Section 1-1 (65098)
- MATH 301, Section 1-1 (65727)
- MATH 461, Section 1-1 (65719)
- MICR 140L, Section 1 (65223)
- MUS 208, Section 1 (65317)
- PHYL 141L, Section 1-1 (65209)
- PHYL 141L, Section 2-1 (65721)
- PHYL 141L, Section 1-2 (65858)
- PHYL 141L, Section 2-2 (65859)
- PHYL 142L, Section 1-1 (65259)
- PHYL 142L, Section 1-2 (65860)
- SCFS 361, Section 1-1 (65805)
- ZOOL 200L, Section 1 (65585)