Title IX Resources
UH West O'ahu Confidential Resources
UH West O`ahu Campus Survivor Advocate
Location: A-217 in the Health and Sciences $ Adminoistration Building
Office Tel.: 808-531-3771
Direct Tel.: 808-260-7839
UH West Oahu's designated confidential resources are a clinical psychologist and a campus survivor advocate from the Domestic Violence Action Center (DVAC). Information provided to the confidential resources will not be provided to the Title IX Coordinators.
The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCADV) is the voice of victims and survivors. We are the catalyst for changing society to have zero tolerance for domestic violence. We do this by affecting public policy, increasing understanding of the impact of domestic violence, and providing programs and education that drive that change. NCADV.ORG
- On average, 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner
- Intimate Partner Violence accounts for 15% of all violent crimes
- 1 in 5 women have been raped
- Nearly 1.5 million high school students in the U. S are physically abused by dating partners every year
- Only 33% of teen dating abuse victims ever told anyone
- 50% of youth reporting domestic violence and rape also reported attempting suicide
- 1 in 5 women are sexually assaulted during college years
- 1 in 4 men have been physically abused by an intimate partner
- 1 in 3 female murder victims are killed by an intimate partner
- 94% of murder suicide victims are female
Hawai'i specific statistics:
- 1 in 7 women in Hawaii have experience forcible rape
- 50,000 women between the ages of 18-64 are victims of domestic violence each year in Hawai'i
UH West O'ahu is committed to providing a supportive learning environment and fostering safe, healthy relationships among our students. UH West O'ahu and members of our community will not tolerate the offenses of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking.
Haven, an online program, is intended to help you learn more about sexual assault, violence, and harassment prevention. The free course takes 45 minutes to complete and is available 24 hours a day. You may take the course in multiple sittings.
The UH System’s policies (http://go.hawaii.edu/ca) on Sexual Harassment, Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking outline your rights and responsibilities regarding sexual violence and identify options for reporting sexual violence and seeking support.
1. Click HERE to go to the Haven site.
2. UH West O'ahu students should enter the following registration code: 3784303e.
3. When prompted, please enter your Student ID number. Your UH ID number can be found in your MyUH Portal.