Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)
The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) is a program of the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE). Through WUE, students in western states may enroll at UH West O’ahu at a reduced tuition of 150 percent of the institution’s regular resident tuition. WUE tuition is considerably less than non-resident tuition. Reduced WUE tuition is currently available for freshman and transfer students. UH West O‘ahu reserves the right to limit WUE awards each academic year based on enrollment projections.
Eligibility: You must be a resident of Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Oregon, Utah, Wyoming, Washington State, Guam or Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. Your family’s domicile (home) must be maintained as your permanent address throughout the duration of your participation in the WUE program. Freshman applicants must have a 2.7 cumulative grade-point-average over four years in high school. Transfer applicants must have a 2.0 cumulative grade-point-average. WUE Applicants must be accepted as a degree-seeking student at UH West O’ahu. Unclassified non-degree students are not eligible.
- The following programs are not included in the WUE program:
- Bachelor programs: Computer, Electronics & Networking Technology, Creative Media, Culinary Management, Early Childhood Education, Information Security & Assurance, Information Technology, Respiratory Care
- All Certificate programs
- Distance Learning programs
- Only undergraduate students, and those who have not already earned a baccalaureate degree, qualify.
- WUE is awarded only once at the time of admission and will remain in effect for the duration of the student’s academic career at UH West O’ahu.
- Non-WUE students who enroll as non-residents will not qualify for WUE status in later terms. Hawai’i residency cannot be established under the WUE program.
- Students changing their residency will be reclassified to non-resident. Students are only able to apply for Hawai‘i residency 12 months after cessation of WUE.
Note: Currently, UH West O‘ahu does not offer housing.
How to Apply: Complete and submit the following:
- University of Hawai‘i System Online Application Form
- Western Undergraduate Exchange Application
- Official transcripts from your high school and/or college/university sent directly to the Office of Admissions. WUE eligibility cannot be determined without official transcripts.