Transfer students are those presently or previously enrolled at a college or university other than UH West O‘ahu. See the admissions requirements section for more information.
Want to find out how your credits may transfer into the University of Hawaiʻi – West Oʻahu from a fellow University of Hawaiʻi campus? The UH System Course Transfer Database provides information to assist students in planning for the transfer of courses to UH West O‘ahu.
The Course Transfer Database allows you to search course equivalencies or evaluations for UH campuses as well as those for other colleges and universities. Course transferability and equivalents are subject to change. The transferability of a course is not guaranteed until an official transfer credit evaluation has been completed. Additional schools and courses will be added to the Course Transfer Database as they become available.
Transfer Student Events
Attend one of our Transfer Workshops and meet UH West O‘ahu Admissions, Financial Aid and Advising staff to learn about the transfer process.
Transfer Credit Policy and Information
UH West O‘ahu recognizes undergraduate coursework completed at regionally accredited colleges and universities that are equivalent to the academic content of the University. In determining equivalencies and transferability, each course is carefully reviewed based on the scope of topics covered, rigor, contact hours, etc. Previously earned credits are automatically evaluated upon acceptance to a degree-seeking program at UH West O'ahu and receipt of the student’s Statement of Intent to Register form/tuition deposit, which confirms their intent to enroll for classes. Transfer students can view their credits of previously completed classes online via STAR after activating their MyUH account. Transfer credits applied towards your UH West O'ahu degree can be viewed beginning in November for new fall students and April for spring students.
Automatic admission allows UH Community College students who are completing their associate of arts or select associate of science degrees to transfer to a four-year campus in the UH System without having to reapply. Since the process is done electronically, the application fee is waived. STAR notifies students who are eligible via email and students electronically select the campus of their choice and their intended major. This simplifies the transfer process for students wishing to continue on their path towards a four-year degree.
Automatic Admissions Process
- Eligible students will receive an email offering them acceptance to any of our University of Hawaii baccalaureate campuses.
- Auto Admit students accept the offer via their STAR account by selecting UH West Oʻahu as their campus.
- The deadline to accept the offer is March 1 (for the Fall enrollment) or Oct 1 (for Spring enrollment).
- Students admitted through the Auto Admit process do not have to submit an Intent to Enroll form.
- The $100 tuition deposit is waived for Auto Admit students.
- After an Auto Admit student selects UH West O’ahu as their campus in STAR, UH West O’ahu will mail them a hardcopy formal acceptance letter for their records.
Deadlines to Accept Automatic Admission Offer
Transferring in the Fall Semester: March 1
Transferring in the Spring Semester: October 1
Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations
Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations will be considered for transfer credit and/or meeting course prerequisites for registration purposes. The UH West O‘ahu School Code is 1042.
UH West O‘ahu participates in the Interstate Passport, a program sponsored by the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education. The Interstate Passport is a program that facilitates the transfer of student learning between participating institutions. As a participating member, UH West O‘ahu will recognize the passport credential awarded to students from one of these institutions. Please visit the WICHE website for more information.
College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) will be considered for transfer credit and/or meeting course prerequisites for registration purposes. The UH West O‘ahu School Code is 4959.
U.S. Military Service
Coursework taken through military schools will be considered for transfer credit and/or meeting course prerequisites for registration purposes.
What will not be considered?
- Courses completed from unaccredited institutions are not transferable.
- Remedial or developmental courses (i.e., in the UH system, courses numbered below 100) will not be considered.
- Repeated courses that cover the same material/content of a previously completed course will not be awarded additional credit for degree certification purposes; credit will be awarded only once.
- Credits earned by the equivalency methods (e.g., AP Exams, CLEP, military training, and credit for prior learning) may not be used to satisfy the college residency requirements for graduation.
What do I need to do?
All official transcripts must be mailed directly from the originating institution to the address below:
University of Hawai‘i – West O‘ahu
91-1001 Farrington Highway
Kapolei, HI 96707