We’ve gone virtual! Although we are unable to offer in-person services at this time, we are committed to providing support in a virtual landscape. Our office hours are Mondays through Fridays, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The State of Hawaii Department of Health (DOH), the Hawai‘i Administrative Rules, Chapter 11-157 requires all students to meet health requirements before they attend any post-secondary institution in the State of Hawai’i. For more information, contact the State of Hawaii Tuberculosis Control Branch at (808) 832-5731 and Immunization Branch at (808) 586-8331.
Certificate of TB (Tuberculosis) examination, MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella), Tdap (Tetanus-diphteria-acellular-pertussis), and Varicella (chickenpox) immunization clearances are REQUIRED before you can register for classes.
The health clearances must be from a U.S. Licensed Medical Doctor (MD), Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN), or Physician Assistant (PA).
You can download the Health Clearance Form and take it to your physician for completion.
- TB (Tuberculosis) Clearance TB Clearance obtained within twelve months prior to the start of instruction OR obtained on or after the age sixteen.
- MMR (Measles-Mumps-Rubella) Two doses of Measles, Mumps, Rubella vaccination. Students born prior to 1957 are exempt from the MMR immunization requirement.
- Tdap (Tetanus-diphtheria-acellular-pertussis) One dose of Tdap vaccine.
- Varicella (chickenpox) Two doses of Varicella vaccine. Students born in the United States prior to 1980 are exempt from the Varicella immunization requirement. Students with documented history of Varicella disease, signed by a US licensed physician, APRN or PA, may be substituted for a record of Varicella vaccination.
Health clearances can be obtained from the following locations
- Your private licensed physician
- Hawai‘i State Dept of Health Tuberculosis Program – TB only
- Leeward Community College’s Student Health Center
Uploading Sensitive Information
Please use the UH West O‘ahu Secure File Transfer page to send your Health Clearance form or any document that contains personal and private information.
Office of the Registrar
Campus Center, C141
91-1001 Farrington Highway
Kapolei, HI 96707
Phone: (808) 689-2900
Fax: (808) 689-2901