Creative Media Learning Outcomes
To assure educational quality and curricular coherence, UH West O‘ahu has identified learning outcomes appropriate for Creative Media students. Students at UH West O‘ahu are expected to apply certain knowledge and skills towards mastering material in an academic major and concentration.
Graduates with a Bachelor Arts in Creative Media from UH West O‘ahu will be able to:
- Synthesize multiple creative media forms (e.g., game design, internet platforms, mobile apps, sound design, motion graphics, graphic design, storytelling) including at least two or more tools and technology in an appropriate body of work that focuses on the creative media of tomorrow.
- Use research and information-gathering skills to identify, analyze, and propose solutions.
- Make sound ethical and legal decisions in creating and using creative media.
- Evaluate and critique work in chosen field including self-work by using professional terminology and criteria.
- Communicate ideas to peers, clients, and intended audiences using visual, oral, and written presentation skills relevant to their chosen media field.
- Produce a body of work suitable for seeking professional opportunities in their chosen media field.
- Work productively as members of creative media teams.
These learning outcomes relate to the degree. Concentration-level learning outcomes can be found on the respective concentration pages.